Start a new topic
Solved

How to Update Recurring Events on Lists

Hello, Eventida.

As the owner of ASL Families Event list, I like to feature upcoming events on my list. This is a great feature for any promoter who wants to keep their followers up to date with a simple list to use.

While reviewing my list today, I noticed one of them is a recurring event which was set up by someone else.  The Centrala Deaf Coffee House event.

This is the screenshot I took today of the event on my list.

As you can see from the screenshot, it shows a date that is over, in the past.

I also took a screenshot of the list of recurring events.

As you can see from the screenshot, it's a monthly event recurring once a month for quite a while (at least till the year 2019).

However, when people click on the link to the event, it says it's over. I'm confused. Does that mean all the scheduled recurring events in the future is cancelled?

Please advise so I can make a decision whether to remove the event from my list.

Thanks. Keep up the great work, love what you are doing here.

On a side note, I also realize while the times are consistent, 6:30 PM to 10 PM, the event listing shows it is set for PST or UTC -8 which is accurate for those calendar months but does it adjust for PDT or UTC -7 during daylight savings time?

Sorry for all the questions. It would help me better understand how Eventida works. After all, knowledge is Eventida power! :)

1 Comment

Thank you for pointing out the issues with recurring dates. I have fixed the recurring date display to show occurrences for last month, this month, and next month as opposed to a long string of dates from start to finish. I've also tweaked the warning from "this event is over" to "this is a recurring event" to reflect its true nature.

Getting the next event occurrence's date to show up in there is a little trickier. I'm still working on that.

The next 3.0 upgrade will have us doing something different with timezones so this is going to be a non-issue.

Login or Signup to post a comment